Wednesday 3 October 2012

Precious Time

 
“Get a watch!” a colleague said to me the other day when during a conference I asked her what the time was for about the twentieth time.  The trouble is I actually have three watches but they have all run out of battery and I’m really lazy about getting them replaced.

 
My favourite watch is a silver bracelet one which was a graduation present from my parents.  The next one I found and for a while it worked sporadically and the last one I bought from New Look for about £15 when the other two stopped working.  Needless to say the New Look one only lasted about three months and I can’t bring myself to buy a new battery given that it would probably be more expensive than the watch.


Even with this shoddy history of watches I am very tempted to bring my collection up to four with an addition from the new Marc by Marc Jacobs Holiday 2012 range.  The Marci watch is the most feminine (read sparkly) of the range and comes in rose gold-tone of which I am always a fan.  But I am really keen on the masculine Henry collection; the Henry creates an optical illusion of 3D detailing and would drown my wrist enough to look like I’d stolen it from my hubby.

Of course this range is going to cost more than a New Look original so I may have to bite the bullet and get batteries for my current watches, unless of course Santa is feeling particularly generous this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment